Friday, December 30, 2011

Getting Out From Behind

Christmas wasn't what we had planned.  Instead of driving to Michigan, I returned Blitzen to his foster home after picking up Comet from a night at the vet where he was having pieces of Blitzen's tooth removed from his paw.  To add to the drama and expense, my car broke down on the Pennsylvania Turnpike at 10:30 at night--even more frustrating because I'd had the annual inspection performed earlier that morning.  So, I had the car towed 150 miles back to the service station, where it turns out one of the bolts from the new brake calipers they'd installed had come loose.  They fixed it within 15 minutes, delivered the car to my house, and gave me a voucher for my next visit.

We've been taking it easy, trying to get caught up on everything we haven't been doing for the past month, like FINALLY making my Christmas cards.  I like the way they turned out, but I didn't know prior to choosing the design that I'd have to pay additional postage for the size/shape.  Ah, well, something to remember going forward...



Now I've got to get to work on projects for January and February workshops...

No comments:

Post a Comment